Monday, April 4, 2011

An Opportunity to Serve

My Dear Followers,


Today I went with a group of highschool students and a few adult supervisors downtown to feed the homeless. This morning we prepared 90 sandwiches and I cannot believe they were all gone by the time that we started back to school. We spent two hours downtown and I can say that it was such a huge blessing.


I believe that God planned for us to have a cloudy, rainy day. It showed the kids how appreciatiave we should be for shelter. The homeless were so kind to us and were willing and eager to start conversation. They were extremely grateful, it made me realize how selfish we are. To see those who have so little have such great attitudes, it makes you question whether or not you have a good attitude. I'm thankful for theirs.


We saw so much poverty, but in the midst of their pain there was peace. I know that God can do such great things as He did today when youth, churches or anyone decides to do something for Him. It was a great day and the kids loved it. I did too.


I'm going to leave you with a verse I find encouraging.


Psalm 97:10 - Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for He guards the lives of His faithful ones.


Blessings, many.
Bethany Grace

1 comment:

  1. You have such a heart for the hurting. I loved reading your account of your day. May the Lord continue to use you to reach those in need.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete